Joe S. Blanton
17 VITAL FUNCTIONS OF SALT IN OUR BODY
Updated: Jan 22, 2021
Salt (unprocessed sea salt with all the natural inherent minerals intact) performs many critical functions within the body. Here are just a few:
1. A shortage of water and salt suppresses the immune system and its disease fighting cells' activity in the body. Sea salt helps in alkalizing the cells of the body by facilitating excretion of excess acids through urination this helps in keeping the body in an alkaline state.
2. Salt is most effective in stabilizing irregular heartbeats and, contrary to the
misconception that it causes high blood pressure, it is absolutely essential for the
regulation of blood pressure – in conjunction with water. Naturally the
proportions are critical.
3. Salt is a vitally needed element in the treatment of diabetics. It helps balance
the sugar levels in the blood and reduces the need for insulin in those who
have to inject the chemical to regulate their blood sugar levels. Water and salt
reduce the extent of secondary damage associated with diabetes.
4. Salt is vital for maintaining muscle tone and strength. Lack of bladder control in
those who suffer from involuntary leakage of urine could be a consequence of
low salt intake.
5. Salt is vital for absorption of food particles through the intestinal tract.
6. Salt is vital for the clearance of the lungs of mucus plugs and sticky phlegm,
particularly in asthma and cystic fibrosis.
7. Salt is vital for clearing up catarrh and congestion of the sinuses.
8. Salt is a strong natural antihistamine.
9. Salt is essential for the prevention of muscle cramps.
10. Salt is vital to prevent excess saliva production to the point that it flows out of
the mouth during sleep. Needing to constantly mop up excess saliva indicates
11. Salt is absolutely vital to making the structure of bones firm. Osteoporosis, in a
major way, is a result of salt and water shortage in the body. Healthy bones are about 27% salt.
12. Salt is vital for sleep regulation. It is a natural hypnotic.
13. Salt on the tongue will stop persistent dry coughs.
14. Salt is vital for the prevention of gout and arthritis.
15. Salt is vital for maintaining sexuality and libido.
16. Salt is vital for preventing varicose veins and spider veins on the legs & thighs.
17. Salt is vital to the communication and information processing nerve cells the
entire time that the brain cells work – from the moment of conception to death.
Unprocessed sea salt contains about 75 essential ionic minerals that the body needs. Common “table salt” has only two – sodium and chloride, and has aluminum added as a non-caking agent.
Our bodies need 1 to 2 teaspoons of unprocessed sea salt daily, on our food, or on our tongue or in your water as long as you do not put to much in at a time. (take a big drink of water, put 1/8th or so of a teaspoon on your tongue, let dissolve and wash down with another big drink of water. I prefer Redmond’s Real Salt from an underground mine that has not been exposed to the pollutions.
(The information from points 1-17 above were excerpted from the writings of F. Batmanghelidj, M.D., author of: “Your Body's Many Cries for Water”.)
For more info, call Joe Blanton 469-766-5511 www.HelpsYouHeal.com
DO NOT USE Common “table salt” because it has only two – sodium and chloride, and in many cases it has aluminum added as a non-caking agent.