Happiness is an Attitude of the Heart
Everyone wants to be happy and that is as it should be. To
find a solution, one must first identify the problem. Many
people think they will be happy when they get the right job or
meet the right person. They spend a lifetime looking for
something outside of themselves to "make" them happy. They
can look forever and find nothing outside of themselves that
will make them truly happy because happiness is an attitude
of the Heart, it takes no rise from outside circumstances.
There are as many truly happy people in the inner cities as
there are in the Beverly Hills areas of our world because
& I Quote "HAPPINESS IS AN ATTITUDE OF THE HEART"
An attitude is a mental disposition toward events, people, and situations that controls behavior. Your personality is an outward reflection of your inner attitudes, and in the final
analysis what constitutes an attitude, is nothing more than a habit of thought. The way you have “learned” to think. You have the power to change the way you think and therefore
you have the power to change your attitudes to be whatever you want to express as your personality to the world. You are constantly changing, change is the essence of life, You
change with each breath, change is the “ONLY” constant in our world. If you are ready to welcome change, to embrace it, you can take control of your life. You can take total personal
responsibility for your own present and future. You can then “plan” to change the way you desire to change and you will discover the true happiness inside of you.
The following is a daily checklist you may consider adopting
to help you move in a direction you want to go and may have
only dreamed of till now:
1. Be sure to start the day off in a way that supports you in
moving forward toward your dreams, getting up early and having time to center yourself and getting to work early gives
you a positive feeling. 2. Look successful at all times, good clothes and grooming
are an important investment in your morale. Keep your car clean and especially your windshield, it is very important to see clearly where you’re going. 3. Associate with positive people who are cheerful, optimistic and successful. You'll tend to imitate their attitudes. Your
life will be an average of the 5 people you hang around with the most. Your Attitude, house, car, social life, bank account, & the Future you have to look forward to also. 4. Give yourself away, doing thoughtful things for other people gives you a mental feeling of well being that is conducive to success.
5. Remember, if you are subject to emotional moods, don't take occasional periods of discouragement seriously.
6. Don't expect perfection in yourself, there are numerous factors in any situation that you can't control, and yet you do have total control of your attitude about any situation.
7. Work on the law of averages and look how far you’ve come, not how far you think you have to go.
8. Remind yourself that everyone who is realistic with their self feels inferior in several areas, Don't lower your selfconfidence by comparing your weak points with the strong points of others. Think back on successful accomplishments only.
9. Get some new interest, avoid creating boredom for yourself. Stretch and move outside of your comfort zone. Change your approach until you get the results you want.
10. Make it a habit to use enthusiastic, colorful language. Speak in a cheerful manner. Use words that are positive rather than negative, avoid negative as much as possible. Stand guard at the entrance to your inner world.
11. Keep an orderly place in which to work. Complete things you start while learning to organize and simplify your life more.
12. Take a friendly initiative where other people are involved. Remember that others actions toward you are often a reflection of how you act toward them. Remember we almost always get what we expect, so expect the best from yourself and others. Expect what you want instead of what you do not want.
13. Stay pro-active during the time you committed to be pro-active, make certain that you develop good work habits.
14. Stay on course, make sure you know where you are going and then commit yourself to stay on course until you get there. (learn to write down your Dreams and Goals and the Actions you will take daily to bring them into reality)
Reading this one time will have little effect. We have become the way we are through spaced repetition, we can change on purpose through planned spaced repetition. Reading this once a day until you have internalized it can and will change you life. ♥ Joe S. Blanton